What to do when Death Occurs
When a death occurs in your family, you will be faced with important tasks and decision-making during a difficult time. You may not know what to do or when to begin making arrangements, and bearing the responsibity can be overwhelming. Remember that you are not alone. Hartson Funeral Home is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to assist you through the steps you will need to take when a death occurred. Your funeral director will help coordinate all the details when you meet for an arrangement conference.
After a death has occurred, notify Hartson Funeral Home @ 414-425-9797
The following are some questions that we may ask when you call:
- What is the full name of the deceased?
- What is the location of the deceased (Hospital, Nursing Facility or Residence)?
- What is your Name, Address, and Phone Number?
- What is the Name, Address, and Phone Number of the next of kin?
- Is there a Pre-Arranged Funeral Plan?
We will then set an appointment time for you to come to the funeral home to complete
the details of the funeral arrangement. We will ask you to bring in some items and information that will be necessary to complete the arrangement. These items will include:
Clothing for the deceased. (High collar and long sleeves is preferable)
- Social Security number of the deceased.
- The deceased’s Birth Date and State of birth.
- The deceased’s Parents Names (including Mothers maiden name)
- Information about the deceased’s education.
- Marital Status of the deceased.
- Veteran’s discharge papers or claim number.
- Recent Photograph
- Cemetery Lot information.
- Pre-Arrangement Papers if available